Australia’s largest telecommunications provider recognises to remain relevant in the modern world they need to put their customer first. This requires reimagining the way they discover, purchase and service product on self-service digital platforms.
EPiC was engaged to support and coach the Business 2 Business Digitisation program, responsible for delivering both new technology platforms as well as the simplification of new products.
The environment consisted of onshore product ownership and a multi-vendor offshore delivery model. The digital transformation program consisted of 6 value streams, 60 teams and over 1,000 people. Agile Ways of Working maturity differed dramatically across the different value streams.
The organisation had a traditional matrixed operating model & working culture and was commencing large-scale transformation. Trust was low throughout the leadership team, as multiple rounds of restructuring was occurring throughout the organisations.
- EPiC engaged each of the value stream program leaders independently, as they each had significantly different agile maturity and where facing different challenges. Each of value stream leadership teams then developed and implemented a targeted transformation roadmap to uplift their unique domains.
- EPiC coaches swarmed on program events such as Quarterly Big Room Planning to ensure a common focus across the program. Cross value stream program initiatives such as Flow of Work and impediment pathways became the focus.
Still Ongoing. So far:
- Establishment of End to End product teams focused on Product Simplification.
- Product & Technical Feature Creation
- Digitisation Product Roadmap establishment
- Digitisation Architectural Roadmap establishment
- Cross Value Stream Inception of new program capabilities
- Implementation & Maturity of a single Flow of Work Process.
- Implementation of Escalation Pathways
- Establishment of cross-function persistent squads within value chains.
- Scrum Master and Product Owner Capability Analysis and maturity uplift