Faced with a business strategy to deliver services digitally, enter new market segments and aggressively campaign in re-opening markets, one of Australia’s preeminent tourism bodies realised their existing platforms were unsuitable and were challenged by conflicting priorities.
Identify opportunities – EPiC ran a workshop series to define transformation objectives and identify opportunities for new market segments. Customer-centricity and design thinking techniques defined value propositions for new product features and candidates for validation with customer research. MVP features were identified for a new self-service portal and digital customer experience.
Prioritisation – Meeting the business’ critical and immediate needs was also a focus. EPiC facilitated an experiment with new ways of working with vendors based on truly cross-functional teams made up of empowered product owners and the vendor development team. A single backlog facilitated prioritisation of remediation and strategic enhancements to immediately deliver value and ensure capacity was utilised with maximum effect.
Enabling transformation – Following a review of technical platforms and future capabilities to enable transformation goals, we facilitated a competitive tender to select a digital partner to build new digital infrastructure capable of supporting the client’s strategic needs.
EPiC continued to work with the client to guide implementation of the MVP scope, while ensuring a roadmap is in place to deliver:
- Valuable features and self-service customer experiences
- Content and validation for new customer segments in advance of MVP development
- Clarity on transformation goals and product roadmap for new markets
- Demonstrably massive uplift in value delivered and speed to market through empowerment and cross-functional collaboration – bought time for a new platform to be built
- Agile ways of working extended to include vendors and commercial relationships
- Re-platforming well-advanced, and a digital roadmap in place for the remainder of 2023
After defining the digital strategy for one of Australia’s pre-eminent tourism bodies, EPiC was engaged to accelerate delivery on the digital roadmap put in place. Read more below…